Sunday, May 16, 2010

So this weekend was my friend's birthday. She loves giraffes. I would say she doesn't love them as much as I love penguins, but still, she does have some mad giraffe love.


So sitting back and trying to organise her surprise birthday party all we could think of was "What type of cake?" Soooooooo......


I introduce to you. The vanilla and chocolate marble two tier giraffe themed cake. Buttercream icing and fondant leaves with plastic animals and chocolate giraffe spotting! We teamed this uber cute cake with some uber cute chocolate cupcakes. They are tiny, like the size of a ten cent coin (or a quarter for my american pals). I swear, piping those little babies, I discovered muscles in my hand, wrist and arm that I didn't know I had!


My partner in crime, Kelly, was expertly applying the sprinkles and laughing like a crazy woman at my face. Apparantly I looked constipated I was squeezing so hard. So, me being the equal oppurtunity advocate that I am, handed over the piping bag half way through and donned my best sprinkle! She discovered that that little constipated look I get on my face, has a similar look when worn by her! So nerr!


Next week is going to be a rush. I have a mickey Mouse cake with matching cupcakes and an psy daisy cake on order for the same day. And then after that I'm doing the cupcakes for the law school. I'd tell you what they are but, well, I'm keeping it a guarded secret because they are going to be so freaking adorable your eyes may melt at the pictures! Truely! Let me just say that I have to start dying some sugar and leave it at that.


So my blog reading freinds I leave you with the pictures of the giraffe baked yummies and I will be back to blog soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment